Friday 9 November 2012

Film and Food Friday

We were going to be visiting my friend this weekend but she is unwell so will be staying at home.  I have yet to tell Megan as she is still in school but I am planning a cosy film night instead for us, leaving her to choose dessert and the film.  I have really been enjoying some home cooked comfort food this week and have been slow cooking a Moroccan Lamb Tagine since this morning to enjoy this evening.  

I love clean but tasty food and this tagine is so delicious and can be eaten a variety of ways - on a bed of spinach, with rice or quinoa, or as a soup with some crusty warm bread. It is also gluten free.


There are many recipes out there but here is mine:

Serves four.


Ingredients

1 x shoulder of lamb, trimmed and cut into 5cm/2in chunks (about 1.1kg/2½lb meat in total)

1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp ground black pepper
1½ tbsp paprika
1½ tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp turmeric
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 large onion, grated
3 cloves garlic, crushed
115g/4oz dried apricots, cut in half
55g/2oz raisins
85g/3oz flaked almonds
1 x 400g organic chopped tomatoes
600ml/1 pint lamb stock or water
1 or 2 tbsp clear honey


Method

* I lightly brown the lamb on the hob using half a tspn of coconut oil and then add to the slow cooker.

* Add the spices and mix to cover the lamb.

* Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on low for 6 or 7 hours.





1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx