Monday 5 May 2014

Cinco de Mayo - Holiday Planning // #BEDM


We are craving a little holiday around these parts and as I was child free yesterday morning a lie in was called for and so was a browse through some holiday brochures. I love researching a country before we decide where to go and being a historian, I am drawn to the heritage and culture of a place. Whilst Italy is in the forefront due to it being a closer destination for a short break, we have been drawn to Mexico. 

Cinco de Mayo is the celebration of the victory in 1862 of the Mexican Army over France, at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War. It is only a minor holiday in Mexico, mainly celebrated in the state of Puebla, whereas in America it has become a widespread holiday celebrating Mexican heritage and culture. Mexico's festival culture, beautiful landscape (which includes one of the largest barrier reef systems) and both it's Mayan and Aztec ruins are examples of what makes it stand out as a suitable and exciting holiday destination to me.

This is where I need your help! Have you been to Mexico? If we were restricted on the duration of our stay what would you recommend? Bearing in mind that we would like to avoid the Cancun party resort! Should we stay on the Pacific or Caribbean Coast?  Which attractions must we not miss?

To get involved in the holiday spirit, I think I may need a few tequilas as I browse through more hotels and locations...or maybe not as the Bank holiday is technically ending I should probably keep a clear head to return to work mode tomorrow!

Amy-Louise
xx

Linking up with #BEDM



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx