Friday 12 April 2013

Pretty shoes to make a girl better!

I kind of guessed that I was heading for a chronic pain flare up by the way my emotions have been all  over the place and the fact that I have been unable to sleep and think straight.  Today has hit me full force in my legs and although I managed work, I had to visit the doctor this evening and after a warm bath have been in bed since.  This is the third doctor that now agrees that I have fibromyalgia and I am seriously having to accept that I am going to have to make some changes to how I do things around here.

In the scheme of things my choice of footwear really shouldn't be a major issue, but for a girl who loves heels and has such a vast collection, it sometimes is a big thing.  Whereas I used to live in heels, over the last couple of years I noticed more and more pain in a short time of wearing them.  Even before my physiotherapist and doctor suggested I had developed fibro, I was rarely wearing them any more as it was just too painful.  I have worn flats when running around after Megan and at work for a long time now, but wearing them out is still alien to me, especially when out on a date or dinner with friends.

Recently though, I have started to move away from the 'flat is practical' mentality and more towards the 'flat can be cute and fun' train of thought.  As I have been unable to do anything this evening I have wisely spent my time looking for inspiration on Pinterest - as you do!  I am in love with these!




Source: zzkko.com via Ceecee on Pinterest
Source: zzkko.com via ZZKKO on Pinterest
Source: chicnova.com via Kate on Pinterest
Source: tands.com via Erin on Pinterest


Source:


I've also realised that it's time for Friday's Letters - duh! I've only been waiting for this day all week.  We'll blame the meds for my forgetfulness!  

Dear Dave, seriously, what would I do without you??  You've put up with a crazy lady all week.  A complete emotional, pain ridden mess!  You are completely amazing and I still don't know what I did to deserve you xxx  Dear Mum, thank you for all your help this week.  It was nice to have some time with you on my day off.  I will try not to cry as much next time!  Dear inspiration, thank you for returning!  I'm a bit overwhelmed with what you have come up with this week, but fingers crossed I have the strength to see it through and to share it with everyone soon!  Dear weekend, I am so ready for you and to rest.  Even though I am gutted that Dave won't be here half of it, I need to stop and do nothing for a couple of days.  I had planned some DIY projects and gardening to keep me busy whilst Dave was away but they will have to wait.  Bring on some lay ins and some sun :)

Have a great weekend lovelies 
A xx 

linking up with 




Photobucket
Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. Oh my gorgeous flats! I'm so in love with the first two I might either try to find it or DIY flats I can find! Glad you linked up :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful, I think I might be DIY'ing them aswell! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I love all the shoes you chose, they are sooo pretty! Flats are my favourite as I'm pretty tall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are - I wish my bank balance was healthier! Oh I have the opposite problem, I'm a shorty but I'm starting to love flats :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! Those 1st two are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have both! I don't think I'd take them off!

      Delete
  4. Cute shoes! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flat can totally be cute there are so many different styles to chose from. I find if the sole isnt too stiff and can move when you walk then they will be all day shoes comfortable and cute! Hope you get some rest this weekend :) Saying hi from Fridays Letters x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right! I think I am experimenting more with flats than I ever did with heels. I'm also choosing styles that I never thought I would and they are so much fun! I'm having a very quiet weekend thank you. I ope you're having a good one x

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness gorgeous picks. Just love the pink ones with the bows!
    xx, Emily
    so anthro

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog from the link up and am your newest follower!
    I also have fibromyalgia, so I understand what your going through- super emotional, trouble sleeping, and then a pain flare up out of nowhere. It's funny that you relate fibro to not being able to wear heels, because I was just moping about this a few days ago! Anyway, if you would like to talk or complain about what your going through, feel free to send me an email! I just picked up a book called The Divided Mind that talks about how disorders like fibro are related to emotions.. You might want to look into it!
    loveandlighthouses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you that is so sweet, feel free to do the same :) It's very tiring and hard altering your life to accommodate it :/ It sounds silly, but it's the little things. I just don't feel like me without my heels on a night out (not that I have many nights out now!). I uses it's a small price to pay for less pain but it does get you down. Thank you, I will take a look :) xx

      Delete
  8. Ahh I love the shoes! Hope you feel better soon! I'm also having feet problems but it'd bunions, boo! ):

    Found you through the link up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch, sounds painful too, the price we pay to look gorgeous! :( Thank you, I'm getting there, hope you're having a great weekend too :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx