Monday 8 September 2014

September goals and wishes...

I'm a bit late with my September goals, but last week was lost in a daze between working and trying to manage a fibro flare up and some old demons that have resurfaced lately, so here's what's significant about September for me (albeit almost half way (eek) into the month).

I love September, for me the start of the academic year always brings the sense of a fresh start, much more than the official New Year in January. I love nothing more than a sunny but crisp September morning or the Indian Summer that often comes with it. I'm never in a hurry for summer to end, I seriously dislike the grey skies of winter and September usually brings the opportunity for cosy knits, without the need of coats and the sun still shining in the sky.

September also brings my birthday at the end of the month and this year I'm really wishing I could put it off. Not because of turning another year older (33 doesn't sound too great) but because I have so much work to get through before then. 

The 25th September sees the official start of my first School World War One project and I'm currently in a panic about how much preparation I've got left to do. It has seen a few set backs and I still have finding to finalise and lesson plans to prepare. Fingers are well and truly crossed that I get it done in time!


I am moving into a new office for six months tomorrow and this I am seriously excited for. At the end of July I was awarded a New Business Bursary which included the use of office space at the Chwarae Teg offices in Cardiff. Chwarae Teg means 'fair play' in Welsh and works towards equality for women in the workplace and promoting and supporting women starting their own businesses and  advancing their careers. I'm really looking forward to working surrounded by like minded women and in a supportive environment. I have so many ideas going forward and hoping that this opportunity will halp me channel them constructively. September for me always means a new bag and stationery that comes along with the new academic term, a new office calls for the same I think! I've yet to purchase a bag but I stopped off at Tesco last night and couldn't resist this pretty leverarch folder and some coordinating notebooks for my desk.


Let's be honest about this, I love Paris at any time of the year, but I love Paris in Autumn. The orange and falling leaves give the city a whole new lease of life and the autumn sun sets the skyline alight. I can't believe that it's been eleven months since I visited last and I really hope that (for my mental well being as much as anything) I can fit in a short visit. 

And here we are back at my health goals. It's quite apt considering this week is Fibromyalgia Awareness Week, that I have been struggling to manage my pain recently, which has led to a whole other load of problems (weight loss, depression, memory problems etc). I'm unable to take most prescription pain relief as they make me sick, dizzy and my concentration levels so bad that I struggle to function so I try to deal with the pain in other ways. I've altered my medication that I have to take but  have been looking into nutritional deficiencies that are common with fibromyalgia sufferers. So, Ive taken a trip to Holland & Barrett and armed myself with a hoard of supplements that I'm hoping and praying will help! I'm going to do a post dedicate to the specifics once my head is a bit clearer and I've given them a chance to start working, but this is my main goal this month, to persevere and put back on some of the weight I've lost.

Something to brighten my day though, Downton Abbey starts again in only nine days!! So excited for its return and it's just been announced that George Clooney will be starring in the Christmas episode - day instantly made brighter!

Do you have any specific goals this month? What are your favourite things about the start of Autumn? 

Amy
xx

Linking up with Katie 


2 comments:

  1. The new office digs sound fantastic, I hope the fibro settles down for you to enjoy it properly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, the link to the link up doesn't work for me :(
    I am hoping to fit in a trip to Paris at some point too, it's been over a year since I was last there and I LOVE it this time of year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx