Wednesday 1 October 2014

The First October Sunset

 

The sun setting by 7.30pm seems very strange, it shouldn't as it is October after all however, the beautiful summer like weather we've been experiencing here in South Wales is leaving me greedily still expecting lighter evenings. Although the mornings were chilly towards the end of September and required the heater to be turned on in the car and a light coat, by 10.30am the temperature was up requiring sleeveless tops and car windows open. Today, autumn made graced us with it's presence, a chilly morning stayed chilly and brought rain along with it. This evenings sunset (above, as seen from my bedroom!) was rather spectacular though.
 
The cooler, darker evenings do have their benefits though. Fairy lights, the glow of the fire, candles lit and snuggling up on the sofa with a throw and a hot cup of tea - perfect! Although I'm really going to miss summer, I am looking forward to wearing my new hat and scarf that I had for my birthday on the weekend and looking forward to cosy jumpers, cardigans and boots.
 
October always makes me think of Florida, as when we visit it's always this month and I've taken to the American tradition of decorating my fireplace for 'fall'. During our last visit I packed my suitcase full of sparkly pumpkins, scarecrows and other decorations and went to town decorating for Halloween. Talking of pumpkins, I'm not adverse to the odd spiced pumpkin beverage (although in hot chocolate not latte form), but I'm afraid peppermint still takes priority.
 
So, do you embrace the autumn chill or mourn the loss of summer? I'm kind of in-between!
Happy October!
Amy
xx
 
Linking up with Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx