Tuesday 24 March 2015

Rescue Pups - One Became Two



 



Meet our little rescue pup Honey. Not exactly sure why they called her Honey being a black lab cross (with spaniel we think), but she's only been named a week and doesn't respond to it so I'm toying with the idea of changing it....maybe Poppy? A black lab called Honey just seems odd to me. 
 

There's an investigation going so all I can say is that this beautiful girl was rescued in the nick of time from her previous owners. How anyone can mistreat an animal is beyond me. Shes got trust issues and is completely untrained but she is coming along nicely. In only 2-3 days, I'm close to having her fully toilet trained and she is starting to gain a bit of weight which she desperately needs. She's like a vulture with her food at the moment but as soon as she realises that she will be fed again I'm sure she'll settle. The major difficulty is going to be separation anxiety, she won't let me out of her sight and I'm going to have problems getting her to sleep alone. Any suggestions will be gratefully received! 




As some of you may be aware, we adopted Maya a rescue siberian husky back in December (you can read about it here). She's doing so well and it was always the aim to adopt another dog at some point in the future, she just happened to come along sooner than we thought. 

If you are considering getting a pet, I urge you to consider adopting a rescue animal. Rescue centres around the country are over run with animals desperate for their forever homes and it is so rewarding to see the progress they make when you bring them home. We've been asked to feature on a Channel 4 documentary about our adoption experience and I plan to write a full post on it at a later date. In the meantime, if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know! 

Amy
xx 

Linking up with Shanna 

1 comment:

  1. Awe, Honey is precious!!! And I love the name even though she is black. I hope she comes around soon and know that she is one lucky pup to have you as her new mom!! Welcome to the two dog club!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx