Friday 11 January 2013

Friday's letters


Linking up with Ashley


Dear home hair colour, thank you for giving me my lovely brown locks back. The Florida sun took it's toll and turned my hair three different shades and you surprisingly turned out well. Plus you saved me around £70 - bonus!!



Dear Friday, thank goodness you are here! It seems like such a long week and I am so so tired! So far has been great, a little lie in before the school run and a long hot soak in the bath whilst watching a history documentary on Queen Victoria (yes I am a geek, I LOVE Queen Vic!). I admit I have not done much housework today, but it has been such a long time since I have had a Friday off with Megan in school and even longer since I've had time to myself to prepare for a night out! Bliss :)

Dear window cleaners, UNLUCKY!! You thought there was nobody at home when you came to clean the windows this morning.  Unbeknown to you, I was actually lying in said bath with the window open listening to your little conversation!! Therefore, no it is not okay NOT to clean my windows because nobody is home but still charge me! That will not be happening - I look forward to you coming back to collect the money you did not earn!

Dear Sister, thank you so much for having your niece tonight so that I can go out.  It is much needed.  As much as I love her it is time for a night apart. Being a single mum is hard work and I need some time out.  I will pick her up tomorrow, I.....ummm.....promise! ;)

Dear Daddy, Happy 60th Birthday for this weekend.  I love you and can't wait to celebrate with you on Sunday :)

I hope you all have a lovely weekend...what are your plans?
xx


5 comments:

  1. Have you seen The Young Victoria? I love that movie! It introduced me to Queen Victoria. Love her and the beautiful relationship between she and Albert!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that film! It is in my bedroom so that I can watch it whenever I want. Queen Victoria has always been my favourite monarch and really got me into history when I was young. I have great fun going into schools and teaching primary school children about the Victorian era and am lucky enough to work in a Victorian grade 2 listed building :)

      Delete
  2. haha i *literally* bought a box of dye 5 minutes ago, i cant wait to get rid of my roots! and i dont think i;; ever go back to a hair salon- their prices are total madness! i'll choose my $5 box dye every time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I will either! So much money when I just want an all over colour! I must get around to making an appointment for a good cut though!

      Delete
  3. Love the hair - c'est tres chic n'est pas?!

    Oh and thank you for the lovely comments on my blog - it was a heartfelt piece. I'm glad you enjoyed

    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx