Thursday 21 February 2013

Counting my blessings - This 'n' That - Downton Abbey

There seems to have been so many upsetting stories recently (generally, not specific to myself) and I am in a contemplative mood. We do not know what life has in store for us around the corner and it should be a reminder to us all to love those around us, be grateful for the time we do have and enjoy life to the full.  I feel extremely blessed to have some wonderful people in my life who love me as much as I love them.  I have a wonderful man who loves me unconditionally and despite of circumstances which others have run away from, and to be watching my daughter grow up into a bright if somewhat feisty young lady.


This quote hit home and is very personal to me at the moment...



On a brighter note, all Downton Abbey fans should check out this video that my lovely friend Deb posted on my Facebook wall!  I am so desperately waiting for series 4 and this gave me a giggle in the meantime! Thanks Deb :)




That I am shamelessly going to plug Revd Dr Trystan Owain Hughes' new book The Compassion Quest, which is officially published today.  

''Commitment to social justice without being motivated by compassion is politics without heart . . . Trystan Owain Hughes writes brilliantly and with excellent directives on how to live out compassion in a society that, at times, seems indifferent to the hurts of others. This is a book that was waiting to be written.'' --Tony Campolo, Emeritus Professor of Sociology, Eastern University, Pennsylvania, USA.


I feel lucky and privileged to be able to say that I have got to know Trystan over the last few years at Cardiff University, where he is the Anglican Chaplain. Hee is truly one of the nicest people that you could wish to meet and his guidance both in my faith and outlook on life has been invaluable to me. Trystan's previous book Finding Hope and Meaning in Suffering holds a permanent place on my bedside table and I find myself constantly referring to it when I need to get my mind back on track and focussed on the positive things in my life.  

I am very much looking forward to reading The Compassion Quest and cannot recommend highly enough that you check out Trystan's blog or website for more information :) 

I hope this week is being good to everybody and am especially sending out extra love to Katie this week.

A xx



Katie Did What

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx