Wednesday 13 February 2013

Perfect Prawn Paella

Is it just me or is finding different, healthy delicious food hard work?

Don't get me wrong I love cooking and clean food but making sure we don't get stuck in a rut of eating the same thing week in week out is a tiresome task. To top it off every meal has to be gluten free aswell!

I was looking for new recipes for my meal planner this week and saw a few paella recipes. Goodness knows why I haven't made one before but they are so easy and delicious! The recipes I saw seemed a bit bland so I decided to make my own and I will definitely be making it again!


Ingredients 



  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 red pepper , sliced
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 150g paella rice or long grain rice
  • a large pinch saffron
  • a large pinch smoked paprika (although I use a lot more!)
  • 400ml chicken stock
  • 150g large cooked prawns, shell on or off
  • 100g frozen peas , defrosted
  • a small bunch parsley, chopped
  • 1 tsp lemongrass
  • 1 tsp cajan spice mix
  • olive oil or coconut oil
Method

Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and cook the onion, pepper and garlic until soft.  





Stir in the rice, paprika, saffron, cajan spice and lemon grass until well mixed.
Pour in the stock and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.  Add some more water if necessary.


Add the prawns and peas for the last few minutes until heated through.  
Season, stir through the parsley and serve.





It was so delicious and luckily there was enough to heat up for lunch the next day! I can't wait to have this again.

I would love to hear about some of your quick dinner recipes.

A xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx