Friday 1 March 2013

Friday's Letters, St. David's Day and a Royal visit!

Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant Hapus pawb! Or in English - Happy Saint David's Day everyone!


March 1st is St. David's Day, the patron Saint of Wales and we kinda do make a big deal out of it!

1. Daffodils - our National flower 2. Welsh Cakes 3. Traditional Welsh ladies costume 4. Our flag.

Supporting Wales at an international rugby match (our national sport).
Children celebrate in school by wearing traditional Welsh costumes or their Welsh rugby shirts and by taking part in mini Eisteddfods (a Welsh festival of literature, music, dance and performance. The National Eisteddfod which takes place annually in August, is one of the oldest cultural festivals in Europe).
(To find out more about Eisteddfods, click here)

Dear Cardiff, you are also busy preparing for St. David's Day celebrations. I love working in the centre of our Capital city. Walking passed the castle every morning and especially on days like today, with the parade going straight passed the museum, the sun shining on the beautiful buildings and flags flying proudly. I'm so glad that I moved home. We also have Royal visitors today, none only than the heir to the British throne, HRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall. Of course I'd be a tad more excited if it was William and Kate visiting but hey ho!


And now on with the rest of Friday's letters....

Dear Friday....Hello there!! I've been waiting ever so patiently for you to arrive. I will be exhausted by the time the evening gets here after working late and an exhibition launch and will be so glad to cuddle up with my beautiful baby and my man :)

Dear weekend....I am excited for you! Once Megan finishes dance tomorrow we will be packing up the car and heading to the English countryside to spend the weekend with Dave's brother and girlfriend. We'll be hitting up Weston-Super-Mare pier on the way for a walk by the sea and watching Dave and his brother play football on Sunday morning (must remember to pick up some thermals!). I'm looking forward to a weekend away with my loves so much.
We are staying close to here.
Dear Megan, good luck with reading your poem in your school Eisteddfod today. You've practised so hard and I know you will be fantastic!

Dear Roald Dahl (another Welsh great!), thank you for this quote. I am going to get it framed and put it up where I can see it every morning. It is something I am trying to live by at the moment.....



So what are you up to this weekend? I hope it's an enjoyable one.

A xx

Linking up with

Photobucket





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx