Monday 20 May 2013

Weekend Roundup

Captain Scott Memorial and the Norwegian Church, Cardiff Bay

It was another beautiful weekend here but I didn't really do anything exciting. Saturday, Megan was at her friends so Dave and I ran some errands and visited my grandfather.  He's 83 and heading off on a cruise by himself tomorrow.  On the way,  I discovered McDonald's Mango and Pineapple smoothies which I thought was delicious considering I don't usually touch anything McDonald's.  I needed something refreshing in the heat and at the retail park we were at McDonalds was all there was. After enjoying it and claiming I wanted another, I was mortified to learn the rubbish that is in a simple smoothie.  Needless to say I won't be having another!



Dave went out for a stag night late afternoon so when Megan returned from her friend's, we went for an evening walk and did some baking. It was lovely having some girly time together. After letting her stay up a bit later than usual and doing her nails, I settled down in bed and watched Les Miserables.  Probably wasn't my best idea whilst I was emotional as I blubbed all the way through it! Although Russell Crowe's monotone performance of Stars is probably enough to make anyone who loves Les Mis cry :/ 


 Dave was away Saturday night on the stag and activities continued with paint-balling and quad biking.  On Sunday I went for a quick iced tea and lunch with a couple of friends and headed into work. Nothing really exciting happened yesterday evening, we all got home once I finished work and I made a prawn paella before watching a documentary on Australia in bed.  It turns out that I am in the wrong job, I shouldn't have bothered going to university and instead should be living in Perth and working as a truck driver in the mining industry - Aus $90,000 - $130,000 after tax will do me nicely! 
Oh and it turns out that Dave may have fractured a rib or two paint-balling. Oh the joys!! 

After a rather uneventful weekend I am looking forward to an afternoon date with Dave tomorrow to see The Great Gatsby (so excited for this one!), getting my hair done and attending my work place Big Band Night on Friday.  Then even better there's the bank holiday weekend to look forward too :)

Happy Monday peeps, lets hope this sun stays and it's a good one!
Amy-Louise
xx


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend! I always want to try the McDonalds smoothies but I am afraid there is a bunch of sugar so I have avoided them (so far ha!).

    Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes there's so many sugars - no wonder I was more thirsty afterwards!!

      Delete
  2. Those smoothies are good! Not sure I want to know what's in them now lol

    Sounds like a good weekend :) Go grandpa - traveling all by himself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's awesome isn't he! :) Yes it was good, but maybe a (very) occasional treat! ;)

      Delete
  3. He's amazing! When my Nan was alive they travelled all over the world and she wouldn't have wanted him to stop! There's far too many sugars in there for my liking! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment, I'll get to you as soon as I can! xx